Your wedding cake will be one of the main focal points at the Reception. Wedding cakes are set up on their own table and will be the center of many photo opportunities.
By coordinating your wedding cake with the theme of your wedding it gives you the opportunity to showcase all your attention to details.
Symbolism & Tradition
When the groom places his hand over the brides to cut the cake, it symbolizes their willingness to bring their lives together. The top tier of the cake is traditionally frozen until the first wedding anniversary. Traditionally, the Grooms cake was a gift from the bride and is often used at the Rehearsal Dinner or later in the reception.
Budget & Timeline
A Wedding Cake is about 2-4% of your overall budget. It is best to begin selecting your Wedding Cake 6-9 months prior to your wedding.
Helpful questions to ask:
- What ingredients are used to make the cake?
- May I see examples of your cakes?
- What is the cost per serving?
- Who will deliver, set-up and break down the cake?
- Who will fix any cake mishaps on-site?
- Who will cut and serve the cake at the reception?
- What are your deposit do you requirements?
- What is your cancelation policy?
“Choosing the right wedding cake vendor is critical. Make sure you set up tastings with the Vendors you select and bring at least 3 people to the tasting.” Nancy, Fantasy in Frosting