Your wedding is one of the most significant events of your life. A reception venue plays a huge part in planning your big day. Choices of venues are wide open nowadays, given the many different types of wedding receptions. There are many factors to consider when selecting an ideal venue. What type of venue do you want for your celebration?
It could be anywhere like a traditional banquet hall, historical building, mansion, boat, country club or hotel. In choosing the venue think about the size, is it able to provide adequate space for all your guests, various entertainments and activities you want on your wedding day? Putting together a preliminary guest list will help determine the size venue you will need. Look over the menu items offered by the venue. Decide if you will have a buffet style or sit down dinner? Before making any decisions on your menu, set up a tasting with the venue. It is highly recommended that you bring a friend and\or family member to your tasting. If you are considering using a caterer it is best to ask the venue their policy on outside catering services.
A wedding basically has two parts; the wedding ceremony and the wedding reception. Most wedding ceremonies take place in chapels or churches, so select a venue that is in the vicinity of the ceremony location. Or perhaps you want to have your ceremony at the venue location.
Budget & Timeline (Be sure to check out our Timeline | Checklist | Budget )
Reception Venues (excludes catering) are about 15-18% of your overall budget and should be one of the first things you do.
- What are your wedding packages?
- What packages do you offer?
- How many hours of rental is included?
- Does that cost include a wedding specialist?
- What is the cost for each additional hour?
- What services are included in the price?
- Are there additional charges for setup and cleanup?
- What are the restrictions associated with decorating the reception site?
- When will the decorating be able to take place?
- Is alcohol allowed to be served on the property?
- What is the parking situation for the guests?
- Are there any discounts for hotels in the area for wedding guests?
- What are your deposit and payment requirements?
- What is your cancellation policy?